Tuesday, August 4, 2015

What's More Fun Than Home Ownership? A Barrel of Monkeys AND Healthy Eating of Course

This blog has previously focused on owning a home and all the stuff that breaks and drives me nuts.  While that hell on earth is such a pleasure to experience and write about, I thought I should broaden my horizons with more adventure, more excitement, and more interesting and joyful things.  I decided to write about a 30 day eating program on my blog as well. 

I am embarking on a Whole 30 challenge. What's that, you ask? Well, it's 30 days of eating fruits, vegetables, and meats, and technically the folks that developed it don't call it a diet.  They call it a lifestyle change or some other euphemism for the self-imposed era of suffering and sorrow...uhm, I mean chosen path to food freedom and enlightenment. 

So on August 5, I start my own journey following "The 30 Day Guide to Total Health and Food Freedom." Actually, I am excited about the journey as much as I jokingly complain.  You should check out the Whole 30 website.  I was going to start on Monday, August 3, but my dog, Craig, died and that really was awful...more awful than giving up cheese, so I postponed for a couple of days.    

I was talking to my family about this last week while on vacation at the lake.  Everyone was interested in the parameters of the program.  "What do you mean no cheese or other dairy, peanuts, soy, artificial sweeteners, sugar, grains, or legumes?" What I mean is none of those things, and also no butter.  Just in case you thought that all happiness was gone, I bring up the exclusion of butter and THEN you know that joy died.  How could I have done that and still be in shock from losing my Craig? Now that I'm just bone-crushingly sad, it seems like the right time to shock myself with a restricted food plan. 

So, I will be focusing on the basics.  Meats, vegetables, fruits, and healthy fats for 30 days.  I will also not be getting on a scale (see...NOT a diet).  I will be writing about it here because some of my family said to keep them updated.  Actually, some said to keep them updated on "my 3 day diet".  Oh ye of little faith!  This seemed like the easiest way to keep them updated, and now I'm keeping you updated, whoever "you" may be. There we have it...if "it" doesn't mean dairy, legumes, grains, sugar, and sweeteners  because we definitely won't be having THOSE things.  Enjoy. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment