Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Day 14 of the Whole30!!!! What I've Learned after Two Weeks

Time has flown by, and I am amazed to say I am through Day 14.  It is 9:15, and I survived. 

The way I see it, with two weeks left, I will have about 4 more larger cooking sessions.  I found I do better making a few things all at once to juggle over a 3 or 4 day period, with the occasional meal out and some easy/fast things to cook on the fly.  I try to make a few vegetable dishes, a simple, versatile protein (like chicken or thin pork chops), another protein or protein dish that might have more ingredients, sweet potatoes for workouts, and whatever condiments/dressings I need to make for that chunk of time.  There are exceptions and random things I cook here and there, but generally one pretty involved cooking afternoon/evening will carry me a few days.

 By doing it that way, I don't have an excuse to not eat what I've made.  I also try to juggle it that maybe my next cooking time can be incorporated somewhat flexibly into the schedule.  Maybe day 3, maybe day 4...depending on my time, mood, and attitude about the food.  That also helps prevent the "Ooooo.. I don't feel like cooking tonight, so I can't make all that food.  I'll just go out to eat at the donut and potato chip store."  Always have something easy to heat up to eat and a little leeway on when you have to cook again. 

I also learned that making mayo is easy once you read the instructions and buy the proper oil.  Reheated pork chops can be dry.  Cinnamon makes sweet potatoes 1,000 times more delicious.  Ask friends for advice/suggestions.  They come up with good stuff.  Don't eat a banana on an empty stomach before walking your dogs.  It will make you a horrible, grouchy human.  Try protein and fat instead for a pre-walk snack.  Plan. plan. plan.  Have a backup and a plan for maintaining your backup plan. 

Here's hoping the remaining two weeks go as well as the first two.  I am feeling great, everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment