Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Day 21 of the Whole30. Packing Heat...or Packing Chicken.

It is 8:55 pm, and I survived Day 21 of the Whole30 Challenge.  I had some of the delicious Oldie's Green Curry for dinner. I started calculating food I have left and how long I feel like it stays good before I have to throw it out.  The unexpected Hub lunch and a breakfast at Nickels this week means I need to get busy eating stuff. 

I froze 8 of the remaining meatballs.  I will have the last of the unfrozen ones in the morning for breakfast with the last of the red sauce and a zucchini. 

I froze 2 helpings of sweet potatoes and left one more out for tomorrow night after swimming. 

I am having green curry for lunch at the office and for dinner tomorrow, which might leave one additional service for Thursday.  I cooked it on Sunday...Thursday is my cut-off to eat it date.  Anything beyond that would weird me out. 

So for the first time, I had enough meals to really carry me through approximately 6 days without additional emergency cooking. I was even able to freeze a few things.  Frozen things are difficult for me to deal with sometimes because I don't have a microwave.  I have to remember to take something out to thaw it or I lose time.  I haven't had a microwave in about 16 years, and I don't really miss it except for certain thawing times. 

So, I need to make a decision about what I am going to cook for protein and vegetables to get me into the weekend.  I have the big bag or broccoli to steam still, but what kind of meat/seafood? I can mix up a can of tuna for Friday lunch.  Maybe I fall back to my old faithful...hamburgers no buns.  Any suggestions?


No comments:

Post a Comment