Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Day 22 or It Has Been So Long That I Almost Forgot How Many Days It Has Been

It is 9:01 pm, and I survived Day 22 of the Whole30 Challenge.   I had to go back and double check the blog to make sure I was on the right day.  I find it's getting easier and easier and more normal to eat this way.  I don't count the seconds since my last doughnut, and I'm not really hankering for a hunk of cheese.  I don't really miss bread, but sometimes I do miss the convenience of a sandwich.  I don't miss milk, and I have learned to live without the half-n-half I used in my coffee.  I had to give up milk in the past year because we don't agree and because I mainly used it as a vehicle for eating Captain Crunch....I loved the Cap'n.  I also loved Rice Crispies and Frosted Flakes and all Multi-grain Cheerios.  Whoops! Was I drooling?

I had two green curry meals today and will need to eat it for lunch again tomorrow.  I'm on the verge of being sick of green curry for a while, just like I was sick of meatballs.  The convenience of making food with leftovers does have a down side....leftover fatigue.  My next meal plan might need to consider something I can have for multiple meals and that I can perhaps change up or customize with each meal by adding a different vegetable or something.  I'm not quite sure what that is yet, but it might be something like plain oven-roasted chicken breasts with a couple of vegetables to rotate through and maybe some salad stuff.  That way it's easy but not all necessarily the exact same meal each day.  Suggestions are welcome!

In other news, my stand-up desk for work was installed today.  You can move it up and down depending on if you want to sit or stand.  Georgina in the office already has one. Evidently sitting makes you die faster, so I'm willing to give standing a shot for part of the day.  So far I like it, but it has only been one day.

On that note, I'm going to stand up and go get ready for bed.  It is 16 minutes past my bedtime.  


No comments:

Post a Comment