Friday, August 14, 2015

Day 10: Another Weekend and a Chance to Make Different Whole30 Recipes

It is 7:20 pm, and I survived Day 10 of the Whole30.  I'm a third of the way there.  Leading up to this point, I kept thinking, "Wow. Time is flying by.  Already day 7? Already day 9." Stupidly, I started thinking about the entire thing, 30 days, and I felt like I had a loooooong way to go this morning. This is the "for life" kind of stuff, and it was heavy and exhausting to think about. I was bored with eggs, no matter how I cooked them.  Avocado? I'd rather not, thanks.  Salad? Please no! Please!

3/4 of the battle really is mental.  So, I tried to focus on the "Wow.  This has flown by" thoughts and not "You want me to do WHAT? For how many more days?" thoughts. Honestly, with a little planning and preparation, it really isn't hard to eat according to the Whole30.  I just need to try some new recipes, and I need to cut back on fruit for the next couple of days.  I had one or two servings too many today, I think.  I was tired and grouchy late this afternoon because I gorged on a mango and some pineapple. 

Tonight's dinner was way random: chicken sausages, sauerkraut, dijon mustard, and steamed spinach.  How's that for breaking out of the routine? It wasn't my favorite dinner, but I made do.

Tomorrow I have an open water swim practice in Patagonia Lake.  I'll be packing my bonus post-workout meal: chicken breast and either a sweet potato or the some canned pumpkin with cinnamon.  I also make sure to always have a baggy of mixed nuts and some travel size almond butters in case I get really hungry or in case I'm taken prisoner by invading lunatics, and I have to escape on foot and walk through the wilderness to get home to the dogs.  I'm not sure who these invading lunatics would be, but I will defeat them with my almond butter.  So beware invading lunatics! And beware hunger!  

I'll take my Whole30 book so I can stop at the store on the way home to buy stuff for one or two new main dish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment