Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Day 7 of the Whole30. What's the Plan, Stan?

It is 8:43 pm, and I survived day 7 of the Whole30.  I don't feel like a week has passed, which is good I think. I feel pretty darn good. Clear-headed, maybe a tad hungy in the afternoons still, and not suffering from too many cravings.  I also swam 2,350 yards tonight, which is 1.3 miles, or 47 laps, (can you tell I do a lot of counting and measuring and converting and cross-measuring on my exercise? I'm a bit ridiculous.) and I feel like what I'm eating is working out fine with my increased exercise.

Today I had lunch at a salad place.  You pick your "flavor" of chicken, your salad size, and then request your toppings.  I discovered that bell pepper and red onion really change the game when it comes to what would otherwise be a boring salad.  Three cheers for bell pepper! and a fourth cheer for red onion!  How sad it is that I consider that a major revelation in life?

I finished the last of the lamb burgers tonight.  Thank goodness those are gone! I must say, I didn't love the lamb burger.  It tasted like a hamburger gone bad almost, but it is what I planned for dinner, so I ate it.  The nice things about this gig is I have way less food waste because I stick to a plan.  Which leads me to my next plan....

There is no plan!!!!  AAAAAAA.  I have chicken breasts in the fridge to cook for some dinners/lunches for 3 or 4 days, I have enough lettuce for one more salad, and some spinach/kale which I will try to choke down tomorrow at breakfast and dinner. 

I need vegetable ideas that don't involve spaghetti squash.  After 4 meals of spaghetti squash, I need a break.  Also, no broccoli for a few days because I have broccoli coming out my nose.  What does that leave? I'm at a loss.  Maybe a cabbage thing.    

I need one more protein idea to alternate with the chicken for a couple of days.  Maybe it's time for fish of some sort, and I'm tempted to try one lunch to use a can of the sardines. I am accepting sardine suggestions from everyone. Let me know your ideas on eating them and actually enjoying it.  I was reading up online about sardines, and they said that sardines are high in calcium, among other things.  Then I discovered that was from the bones. This sardine business might be tough.  

Tomorrow week two begins!


No comments:

Post a Comment