Friday, August 28, 2015

Day 24 of the Whole30: Stop Bringing Me Cheese Already!

It is 9:09 pm, and I survived Day 24 of the Whole30 Challenge.  Today for breakfast I almost couldn't force myself to eat eggs....again.  A trick I find, though, is that if you have been eating fried eggs, you don't think you can egg again, and you want to cry, switch to a scramble.  It's like a totally different egg experience, or eggsperience as they say.  This morning was brought to you by scrambled eggs and the letter "B" for broccoli and berries.

After a brief field trip that involved me climbing on my roof with the repair man to inspect the roof leaking disaster, I headed out for the grocery store for some supplies for the day and then to work.  I found myself wanting.....something...not sure what but something that tasted like something good. When I have that feeling, I often think to have a coffee or a tea.  I'm not exactly sure where that feeling comes from, but it is usually the mid-morning or mid-afternoon time frame....the eating wasteland.

I choose to have coffee or tea because they have flavor but no calories.  It isn't giving in to a craving for sweets, but it does give me something with flavor. I'm not sure how else to describe that.  Gimme flavor! I stopped at the chain coffee shop in the grocery store to get a coffee, and they had a bunch of cups out with samples of some sweet treat.  Really!  "Here...try me! I"m sweet and free and oh so delicious." I stood there for a few minutes waiting on them to finish a drink for someone else and take my order.  As I stared at the baked good samples and also stared at the menu and the price for an iced coffee, I reached my limit for silliness.  I simply turned around and walked away. I saved myself $3 and just had a coffee at work.    

Lunch was a side salad, a potato with a bunch of vegetables on top, and part of a roasted chicken.  All in all, it was a pretty nice lunch.  Thankfully there were no free samples of baked items floating around and there was no cheese on my salad. 

Dinner was a new challenge....eating out with friends and an untested restaurant.  I ordered the burger, no bun, and the side salad without cheese. It is my standby out to eat meal.  Of course the salad came with all kinds of cheese on top, so I got to send it back.  Yep. I was that person, and I can only hope that they didn't rub their hands up their butt crack and then through my salad just to exact revenge.

I went through the Whole30 book tonight for a couple of new recipes which I will make this weekend.  I'm trying to add some variety and to keep things simple.  I'll keep you posted.


No comments:

Post a Comment