Monday, August 10, 2015

Day 6 of Whole30. Feed Me, Seymour!

It is 7:54 pm, and I survived Day 6 of the Whole30.  I felt really great this morning...full of energy, happy, not terribly hungry, and not craving bad foods. Even when I cried a little about Craig while walking in the yard with the other dogs this morning, I was ok.

I have been walking the past three mornings with Booney and Myrtle, something we used to do religiously but have slacked on the past several months. I load them up and we drive to Tubac for a nice excursion. I have also been swimming a lot. The increased activity and getting used to the Whole30 probably explain why I was blindsided by a raging hunger today at about 3:30 pm.  I got so hungry so fast that I was kind of nauseous. Good times! I wanted to eat everything and then puke it back up! I was convinced for a while that I had accidentally food poisoned myself.

According to the book, this is the "Eat all the things" stage, and boy were they right...about the wanting to eat, that is.  They didn't mention the nausea.  I couldn't find enough calories to eat without woofing down an entire jar of almond butter.  I had taken some hard boiled eggs to work in addition to my lunch as an emergency snack. Thank goodness I did! I ate three of those, a few berries I had left, a few nuts, and a spoonful of almond butter.  I figured out I need to keep more fast, convenient vegetables at work!

I got home, played with the dogs, ate an early dinner and now I finally feel normal. 

I had a pretty good lunch and had a lot of vegetables with my breakfast protein.  I also ate lunch late, which made this hunger all the more surprising.  So, more vegetables at the office, in addition to replenishing my protein stash.  All in all, not a bad day, and I learned a few things, which is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment