Thursday, August 13, 2015

Day 9 and I'm Feelin' Fine.

It is 9:15 pm, and I survived Day 9 of the Whole30.  I feel good, but I'm still hungry late afternoon around 3:30.  I've been holding off on a snack until after 4:00 to use that as a pre-exercise meal on the days I'm swimming after work.  I'm not sure if I'm still adjusting or if I need to have a bit more food at lunch to help with the afternoon hunger.

I noticed this week that I am swimming better.  I'm faster, and my endurance is better.  This has really been a dramatic change from last week to this week.  Part of that is training, and I think a big part is the food I'm eating.

I'm facing what the book estimates are the worst days of the Whole30.. Days 10-12 or somewhere around in there (it is different for everyone).  The theory is that the novelty has worn off, the momentum is slowing down maybe, and all the foods I'm not eating have conspired together to hire a psychic to put thoughts into my mind about how much I miss these foods and want them back.

Back away, donut! Get out of here, fresh baked bread! And take your cheddar cheesy friend with you!

I will have to double check that I have a plan in place for meals for the next several days to get over that hump. I am going to have to make something totally different, like shrimp or fish, because I'm starting to get chicken fatigue.  I ate a piece for lunch that had a strange texture because of how it was cut.  I had to spit it out because it made me start gagging. It will be better to back off chicken a bit to avoid turning against it forever.

The one thing I do notice is that even though I'm not fatigued during the day, when it is my bedtime, I'm finished.  My eyes get heavy, and my head bobs a bit.  I'm almost doing that now because it's 25 minutes past sleepy night night time. Have a nice night everyone.





2 comments:

  1. Your swimming is getting really good! Thanks for bailing me out with the nuts after training. I too need a few more calories if you are going to have me swimming to New Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your swimming is getting really good! Thanks for bailing me out with the nuts after training. I too need a few more calories if you are going to have me swimming to New Mexico.

    ReplyDelete