Monday, August 17, 2015

Day 13, Double the Chicken, Double the Fun.

It is 8:47 pm, and I survived Day 13 of the Whole30.  I swam after work, came home, fixed the dogs dinner, and then made my dinner. I might have been a tad ambitious in what I could eat.  I also had the challenge of combining some post-workout food to my dinner since it didn't make sense for me to have a post workout meal at 7:30, feed the dogs, then eat again at 8:30.  So, I heated up the sweet potato as the unique thing that I would normally have after exercising along with the bounty of other things on the plate.

1. 1 1/2 hamburgers with a bit of homemade mayo because when I had this for dinner last night, those suckers were DRY.  I didn't want ketchup again, so it was the homemade mayo that saved the day.
2. A skillet-grilled slice of red onion because it makes things taste like something....mostly like red onion, but at least not air.
3. Zucchini spears, reheated in the skillet with the burgers.These things are delicious.  I will make them over and over again until I am completely sick of them and want to scream and I gag a bit in my mouth at the thought of eating them.  That's how much I'm loving these things right now.
4. Sweet potato with lots of cinnamon because it's a post-workout food and because it is DELICIOUS.  Maybe it's not having sweets and sugar for almost two weeks, but this sucker is SWEET.
5. Vinegar-based coleslaw because I have it and it needs to be eaten.  I honestly am not enthused by this slaw.  I am going to have to find a different recipe or something.  It just isn't that good.  It has a tangy vinegar tang of tanginess, but under the tang there's no flavor.  I don't love it.  I feel the opposite of love for it.  Only 3 more cups to eat!

Like I said, I might have been a tad ambitious with what I could eat.  I did end up eating more of the sweet potato after this picture, but after choking down one or two more bites of the slaw, it went in the garbage.  Again, only 3 more cups to go.  Yay me!


Dinner

After Dinner 

I feel pretty darn good still.  I have had some fleeting thoughts about my favorite foods, but fleeting thoughts, not major pouting parties because I am not eating those things.  I also discovered that the salad I order from Nickels is WAAAAAYYYY good with double chicken.  It fills me up more and helps me make it through the afternoon.

Tomorrow it's pork chops and cabbage and more zucchini because I still have 3 zucchinis to cook.  I am also going to pull out a thin steak I have in the freezer to make for a meal.  I'll go and do that now so I see it in the fridge in the morning.

Thanks also for the vegetable recommendations.  When I go to the store on Wednesday, I will be buying some of your suggestions to make. Also, I had burgers, chicken, and pork chops recently.  Any ideas on a new protein? Please don't say lamb burgers. I have been there, done that, and don't want to go back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment