Friday, August 7, 2015

Day 3 of the Whole 30. Workout Bonus Meals Rock

Well, I'm still alive.  I actually feel pretty good today.  I had breakfast and lunch at Nickel's Diner.  You have to love a restaurant where everyone knows you are doing an eating challenge and talks to you about it when you order.  I even got to see the recipe for the balsamic vinaigrette to make sure it was compliant. Thanks Vickie and the gang!

I was really hungry this afternoon.  I'm not sure if it was that I didn't put enough fat on the salad or the limited amount of vegetables I ordered at breakfast.  I ended up eating dinner at 4:30 before I left the office.  So, I will be adjusting my breakfasts to make sure I have enough vegetables and maybe more fat in addition to the protein, which I'm sure I'm getting enough of...at least I was sure this morning. steak and eggs...that's enough protein. 

Today I partook of a little thing I like to call the post-workout bonus meal of happiness!  The Whole30 encourages eating 3 meals a day and no snacking, but if you workout you get the bonus meal! It is supposed to be an easily digested protein and a higher carb vegetable like a sweet potato or taro or pumpkin and very little or no added fat.  You eat it right after a workout.  So, after my swim, I opened a can of pumpkin, heating some up in a saucepan with cinnamon, and for the protein, I picked chicken because it is what I had cooked.  What protein ISN'T easily digested? I should probably google it before I start trying to eat bison or lamb or something after a workout. 

So, no crying in my cookies today, partly because I can't have cookies on the Whole30 and partly because I felt good.  I had a few Craig moments talking to my friends at the vet office, but that was all purely Craig related and not starvation related.  I'm looking forward to tomorrow.  I have planned a Tucson trip to go and stock up on ingredients! Clarified butter and cheesecloth here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment