Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Day 15 of the Whole30. Burgers and Eggs.

Breakfast
It is 9:27 pm, and I survived Day 15 of the Whole30.  Today was a good day.  I woke up exhausted for some reason, but after I got moving, I felt good all day.  Breakfast was the last zucchini, scrambled eggs with spinach, and about 1/2 cup of blueberries.  I read somewhere that blueberries were good fruits for helping regulate blood sugar, so I've been on a blueberry kick as of late.  One thing I had been doing before the Whole30 is eating things for breakfast that wouldn't normally be considered breakfast foods.  I love broccoli for breakfast (when I'm not overdosing on broccoli, that is).  Zucchini for breakfast was great.  I've even had tuna fish for breakfast when I needed a protein.


Today was a revolutionary lunch.  Ok...maybe not revolutionary, but it was really delicious and filling. 
I went to Nickel's in Rio Rico, as usual. I eat there all the time because they are nice and the food is good and reasonably priced, and everyone is so friendly.  They also know my name.  You always want to go where people know your name....unless it's prison, but if people know your name in prison, you are probably a repeat offender or someone famous.  Don't be either of those things.

Anyway, today I ordered a special creation of a hamburger patty with two fried eggs on top and a side salad.  It was delicious, super filling, and finally, I didn't get hungry again at 3:00 or 3:30 pm.  From now on, fried eggs on EVERYTHING! Or just extra doses of protein. That's probably more rational than fried eggs on everything.

After dinner tonight, I had to run to Walmart because they sell industrial size cans of green beans, and the dogs eat a lot of green beans.  I also bought some chicken to cook and a cauliflower.  I have a few more thin pork chops I already cooked that I need to try and chew my way through and one more serving of really delicious roasted cabbage.  The chicken, the cauliflower, and also some lettuce for salads will augment what I have to tide me over until the weekend and will probably even provide one weekend meal or workout recovery meal, too. 

Walking through the checkout tonight, I was acutely aware of the fact that there are candy bars, snack cakes, more candy bars, chips, snack cakes...oh, and did I mention devilishly good looking snack cakes?  Those things taste like crap, but when I initially looked at all the junk in the checkout aisle tonight, I really wanted to eat something horrible and sweet and bad.  Ok, maybe I wanted to eat 20 pieces of junk, but I held back.  I just told myself I don't want to feel bad eating that crap.  The drooling and envy only lasted for about 3 minutes. That's something to remember.  A craving usually only lasts a couple of minutes.

Time for bed, people.  Today was the true halfway mark to the Whole30.  I'm headed to the home stretch!

No comments:

Post a Comment