Thursday, August 27, 2015

Day 23: Go To Hell, Donut! And Your Chocolate Croissant Friend, Too!

It is 8:59 pm, and I survived Day 23 of the Whole30....barely.  I barely survived. 

We had a big meeting at the office this morning, which involved donuts.  Lots and lots of donuts.

AAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

We also had pecan cinnamon rolls, cream cheese cinnamon rolls, danish, and chocolate croissants.  I knew we were having this meeting and also knew it involved all things baked and chocolate covered and sweet and wonderful, so I made sure to choke down a granny smith apple and almond butter at 10:00 am, right before the meeting.  That helped for the morning. 

For lunch I went to Nickel's and ordered my usual burger, side salad, friend egg combo and forgot to say "No cheese!" It arrived with shredded cheese sprinkled on the side salad.  I spent a few minutes picking it off to the side until I ultimately decided to just not eat the salad and focus on the burger and eggs.  Definitely a rookie mistake on my part today.

Fast forward to late afternoon, and all those daggone leftover donuts were sitting in our office.  Meanwhile, I was suffering from PMS and wanted a baked good in the worst way.  I was going to crack!!! It was very difficult to say no at the office today.  I had another snack at 4:15 pm to tide me over through swimming at 5:30 pm.  I had a 1.3 miles swim and then finished up the day with sweet potato, broccoli, and canned tuna....yum? uhm, maybe yum.  Partial yum.  I went from wanting to eat everything at around 3:30 to wanting to eat almost nothing after the swim.

So, all in all this day had some difficult spots in the mid-morning and mid-afternoon hours.  I just need to keep up with planning and remember that I only have 7 more days to go.   


No comments:

Post a Comment