Thursday, August 20, 2015

Day 16 of the Whole30. I Love a Packed Lunch. I Don't Love a Pork Chop.

It is 8:43 pm, and I survived Day 16 of the Whole30 challenge.  Today was a challenge because I had a meeting from 10:00 am until 2:30 pm, and lunch was going to be provided.  I knew it was sandwiches, wraps, and probably a couple of salads to choose from.  I couldn't be sure what else would be provided.  I couldn't eat the sandwich meat with no bread.  Lunch meat has added sugar.  I couldn't be sure if the salads would have cheese added or not.  I didn't know anything about the dressing.  AAAAAAAAAA. 

So, I packed my lunch.  I had a garden salad with a little cup of balsamic vinaigrette, two hard boiled eggs, some tuna mixed with my homemade mayo, an apple, and some almond butter.  I carried my little lunch cooler into the meeting, and when we broke for lunch, I opened my little cooler and set my place.  I'm happy to say it all worked out.  I wasn't at the mercy of unknown lunch plans, and I didn't starve or eat something that I wasn't supposed to eat because I was hungry and didn't have a plan. I didn't feel like I missed out on anything by having my own lunch. In fact, I felt satisfied, happy with my food choice, and glad I thought to pack the apple and almond butter as additional food because it took lunch to the next level.  That's me...bringing gourmet back to lunch with an apple and almond butter!

In dinner news, I'm still eating pork chops. This might be the third time I've had pork chops. That is three times too many. I have decided to admit to myself that I don't really love a pork chop.  They aren't that offensive, really.  They just aren't that good.  So, one more meal with pork chop (probably incorporating them into breakfast), and then I'm finished with pork chops! Forever! Or until I talk myself out of disliking pork chops.  I imagine that will be in a few years when I'm at the store, the chops are on sale, and I am sick of chicken.  "Oh, come on! Buy the pork chops! They aren't THAT bad!"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment