Saturday, May 6, 2017

Whole30 Day 6, A Massage, and a Nap

I have brushed and water-picked my teeth which means I am finished eating for the day.  I've taken to brushing and water-picking my teeth as soon as I finish dinner so I'm not tempted to eat a snack later.  It's too much effort to have to brush my teeth again, so when I'm done, I'm done.  The fear of losing my teeth is greater than my need to snack later in the evening, and my laziness at wanting to redo all the brushing and picking outweighs my snacking too.  I'm using my laziness and anxiety to my advantage, and it's weird that both of those emotions can exist in the same breath. 

Today was a decent food day.  I had breakfast, second breakfast (also known as post-workout meal), lunch, and dinner.  I also went swimming this morning, hence the post-workout meal.  I really enjoyed today's swim, the first one I have enjoyed since starting back.  I reread the section of the book that talks about the post-workout meal, and I kind of screwed it up today.  They recommend a protein and a carby vegetable like sweet potato, and no added fat.  They recommend that in place of protein and a fruit.  I had two hard boiled eggs, a banana, and cashew butter.  Whoops.  Fruit and fat.  I'll know for tomorrow. 

I also had a major treat for myself today in the form of 90 minute massage with the Amazing Eve.  That's not his real name, but I can't help but put the Amazing in front of his name because he really is a great massage therapist.  You can visit Eve's website here, and if you live in Southern Arizona, you should definitely see Eve for a treatment.  Amazing. 

After getting home from Tucson and my massage, I had a nice nap on the couch with Taz.  Hooray for naps!  

I'm planning my food week for this coming week, and one thing I'm going to try is hamburgers with portabello mushroom buns.  I usually just eat the burger with a fork, no bun, but I'm giving this mushroom bun business a shot this week.  I'm also having shrimp and vegetables and a chicken salad for lunch.  Breakfast is usually two eggs, Whole30 compliant bacon, blueberries, and sauteed spinach or zucchini.  I also eat an apple a day.  Who doesn't love an apple? Honeycrisp is my apple of choice. 

That's it for today. Nothing exciting or enlightening, just another day where I'm glad I stuck to the plan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment