Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Day 23 and 24 at Whole30 Village, and More Purging at the Homestead

Day 23, also known as yesterday, was ok. We had fajitas brought in to work during a meeting, so I was able to eat lunch at work and be on track.  I had the last of taco dinner for several weeks, please for the love of all that is holy! I've officially had too many lettuce leaf tacos.  My friends Robert and Karyn also brought me Honeycrisp apples!  How thoughtful! I sent Robert home with one of the Pink Lady apples I didn't care for.  He said, "Why do you want to send me home with nasty apples?"  I needed someone else to eat one and verify for me that they aren't delicious as far as apples go!!!! So, if you try an apple soon, remember the variety and send a note about what you thought. 

Day 24, that's today in case you were wondering....Today was a different story on the work front pertaining to food.  We had a 6 hour training session, and our lunch option was Italian food, or Eye-talian.  On the menu: Pasta with cream sauce, bread, bread, bread, pasta, pasta, pasta, cream sauce, and a salad.  I have zucchini and asparagus at work, but they are not cooked yet. Those won't work as a vegetable because I wouldn't have time to saute them during the lunch break.  So I packed in the last of the egg cups I made on Sunday and some steamed broccoli. It all heats up in the microwave in a jiffy.

Around 11:45 I was starving.  Where the heck was the restaurant with the catered lunch for 50 people? A quick phone call to see why they were late, and they let us know they had forgotten about the order completely. AAAAAAAAA.  Everyone else had snacks to choose from....candy, granola bars, muffins, and fruit.  I had reached my fruit quota, I had some pumpkin seeds earlier, and I wanted lunch.  I wasn't going to heat up my lunch and eat while 49 other people had to tough it out in the training session, so I put on my big girl pants and waited along with everyone else.  They finally arrived at 1:00 with the food, averting mutiny in the office.

Tonight was either going to be fish or hotdogs.  I opted for hotdogs because I just didn't have the energy to cook fish today.  That will have to be tomorrow's dinner.

I stopped at the mailbox today, and I had a package!!! Oh boy! What could it be??  There is something so exciting about a package! Was it a gift? Did I order something I forgot about? Oh yay, oh yay, oh yay!

Turns out it was an empty box.  It wasn't the most exciting thing I've ever gotten, but it was the empty box from DirectTV so I could send back their receiver.  Sweet cable freedom! You see, I cancelled my cable/satellite/whateveryoucallit FINALLY!  Why was I paying for it for so long when I haven't really watched television in months?  I might have turned on my TV once or twice in the last month.  It was time to cut the cable once and for all.

The next thing I will be donating is my television and DVD player if someone will take it.  This is my 19 inch Zenith tube television that I got from Grandmama just before I moved out here.  It made the journey from Virginia to Tucson to Nogales to Rio Rico.  I have had this television for 17 years.  It has one input/output jack which makes it challenging to hook up devices and cable now.  For the first time in my life, I will be without a television, and I'm perfectly fine with that.

Now if I could just purge the tire that has settled around my gut! Grrrr.  I'm frustrated that my weight continues to stay steady.  Yes, the Whole30 says not to weigh yourself. You're supposed to think of your non-scale victories, like feeling better, sleeping better, having healthier skin and nails, feeling less anxious, blah, blah de blahdeblah.  Those things are all great, but see, I ALSO need to lose pounds.  Real, honest to god pounds.  Seriously.

Actually, that reminds me of something I read once.  You're not supposed to say you want to lose weight.  You mentally look for things you lose. You don't want to find that weight again.  So, you're supposed to say you want to "release weight."  You're letting it go to fly free into the stratosphere.  "Be free, Weight! Fly away! I release you! Don't come back!" and then you close the door, change the locks, and dig a moat around your house so the weight can't come home again. 

In the book by Marie Kondo, "The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up," you are supposed to thank the belongings you get rid of for serving their purpose and then you release them.  Here goes.  "Dear Fat, Thanks for keeping me warm, buoyant, squishy, and better able to survive in a natural disaster by living off my fat stores.  Thank you for making me an extra 38 percent funny because funny was the next best gateway to life when I wouldn't fit through the 'thin and beautiful' gateway. While we have had a long, complicated relationship, I feel it is time we move on now. Safe journeys.  Peace out.  Yes, I am going to put alligators in the moat, so don't think of coming back. Thanks from the skinny person hiding inside of you for all these years."   

We will see how it goes now that I'm watching my fruit intake.  I think my sugar dragon has been better in control with that change.  Instead of being a full grown, man-eating sugar dragon, I have a tiny, baby sugar dragon.

So, that's where I am today.  I have a four day weekend coming up starting on Friday! Woohoo!  So I need to plan a few things to cook to carry me through the weekend and into next week.  Ideas on a good dish to make?  

No comments:

Post a Comment