Sunday, May 7, 2017

Week One Down. Week Two Here We Come

I did some food prep today.  Roasted beets, roasted sweet potatoes, five days worth of bacon, and lunch packed for tomorrow (the last of the taco salad).  I will also be having bunless hamburgers, chicken salad, and sauteed shrimp this week. I have vegetables for each meal lined up.  Here we go. 

I feel good.  The sugar dragon isn't sooooo awful today.  I even cooked dinner and only ate half of it.  We will see what the scale says tomorrow.  (yes, I'm weighing myself.  The Whole30 says not to weigh yourself for the whole month, but I feel like it keeps me accountable, so I am breaking that rule. Don't call the Whole30 police.)

I swam both days this weekend, and I want to swim two days during the week this week.  I still haven't picked my fall race, but I'm thinking maybe the Patagonia Lake Triathlon here in Santa Cruz County.  I won't be doing the bike or run, but I'll do the swim.  If it works out, I'll do the relay, but I've had terrible relay luck.  My teams always seem to fall apart at the last minute. So, I won't stress about a relay.  I'll just focus on swimming faster.  

For the record, I decided when I started this Whole30 that I'm actually doing a Whole60.  Then I'll go to the beach for a week, which will be challenging.  Travel AND having to figure out good food in a large group of family members.  Don't panic because I'm doing a Whole60.  You don't have to read all 60 blog posts. I'm sure you can skip around some, cherry pick the really good ones, and ignore the rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment