Thursday, May 11, 2017

Day 9, 10, and 11. Are you Sure It's Not Friday? Seriously?

Well, let's see, where do we begin? Days 9 and 10 were good but really busy.  On Day 9 I had to be in Tucson for meetings in the morning and afternoon, so I had to find lunch out in the world.  Outback Steakhouse turned out to be a good option.  I had a nice grilled chicken with sauteed vegetables plus a side salad.  Day 10 I spent all day on the road to Phoenix for meetings.  I was with a group of people from work, and for lunch I had prime rib, green beans, and a spinach salad.  All in all it was a successful two days of being on the road and having to eat out as wisely as possible. It was a busy two days, though.  I had to work until 10:00 pm one night and until 8:00 the other.  I didn't have a lot of time to stop and think.  Then I turned right around today and had another busy day. 

Today started out ok, but it wasn't all rosy. It was more gray with some streaks of rosy.  I had breakfast at home, and then it was back to Tucson for a meeting from 10 to 2 which was going to include a break for lunch. I didn't plan well enough for this at all.  I just hoped it would all work out.  I actually thought I would leave during the lunch and get something to eat at a restaurant next door where I could have gotten a protein and side salad.  The agenda was running behind, and that didn't leave time for me to run out to get anything.  The catered option was a salad and all kinds of sandwiches.  Sigh.... I failed.  I had the salad and then I took the guts of a couple of sandwiches and ate it with the salad.  The lunch meat wasn't Whole30.  I'm sure of that. It probably had nitrates and added sugar.  I had a Larabar with lunch as well to take the edge of my hunger.

In addition to poor planning and being exhausted from this week, I am at that time of the month where I'm constantly hungry AND my sugar dragon is SCREAMING.  This was not the right day to fail to plan.  On the way home from this meeting, I was STARVING and irrational.  I wanted to eat all the foods between Tucson and Nogales.  I was dreaming of what I would order and eat from any restaurant I could think of.  I wanted to start at one end of a grocery store and snack my way up and down each food aisle.  I was telling cars in front of me to move because it wasn't safe for them to be between me and food.  I broke down today and ate a fish sandwich on my way back to the office.  Yep.  I did, and it had a bun and everything.  The scary thing about breaking down today is I do NOT want to falter again during this Whole60.  I don't want to struggle tomorrow and think, "Ah, screw it.  I'll eat something else bad today and get back on track tomorrow" and then have tomorrow NEVER arrive.  That's the worry.  It's not an irrational fear.  I've been down that road before.  It happens.  I just don't want it to happen this month or next. 

So, I will redouble my planning efforts.  I cooked some hamburgers tonight and some chicken.  I'm ready for the weekend, and on Saturday I will make my grocery list for the next week. I will get some more vegetables ready as well because I'm almost out of easy to make vegetable sides.  Maybe I'll cook a bunch cabbage to have ready for a few meals.  I will also do a bunch of pre-cooking on Sunday to have some meals ready to go.   

There's my recap.  It's not all bad, but it's not all pretty roses and rainbows either.  Tomorrow is a new day.   

No comments:

Post a Comment