Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Day 8. What I Ate, The Fox, and David Sedaris!

I had a decent day yesterday with a minor afternoon banana incident. The banana tried to drown itself in cashew butter, and to save it from a horrible ending, I ate it.  Yum. I had already eaten more than enough fruit for the day, but I needed a snack to tide me over for a trip to Tucson to eat dinner and see David Sedaris read at the Fox Theater.

Dinner was at the "My beard is hipper than your beard and I'll raise you a man bun" Cup Cafe in the Hotel Congress.  They wanted to add whipped butter coconut reduction mixed with cheese and desperation to everything.  I read the menu earlier in the day to plan my attack on what to order: new york strip, roasted potatoes, asparagus no sauce or added butter and small spinach salad with no cheese.  It was a good dinner with even better company.

Then we all spent two solid hours laughing and laughing as we listened to David Sedaris read from his works and talk about his life.  I want to do that every single week.  How relaxing and entertaining and restorative to spend such a great evening laughing and being around really amazing people.  I want to be a gajillionaire just to be able to pay the speaking fee to have David Sedaris come and read and talk to me and my friends. If you have a chance to go and see him on this tour (I think it's almost over) you should DEFINITELY GO.

And if you go to the Fox Theater for anything in the future, splurge for the loveseats up in the balcony.  They have extra cushion and more room for those who are blessed to be ample-assed.  If you go with a group, call dibs sharing the loveseat with the skinniest person, and you'll be all set!

1 comment: