Sunday, September 20, 2020

Here We Go Again

I'm starting a new week on the Whole30. I went to the store today AFTER I ate breakfast to prevent hunger purchases.  In case you're curious, the menu this week will include: 

Hamburger Steaks and Asparagus

Salmon and Asparagus or Green Beans and a Sweet Potato

Hibachi Chicken Stir fry

Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas  with homemade Taco Seasoning 

Leftovers for lunch or tuna salad in an orange bell pepper.  

Last week's meals were all delicious.  I didn't love, love, love the cabbage rolls, but I still liked them enough that I'll be eating them again for dinner tonight.  The sheet pan gumbo and the bell pepper tacos were both keepers that I will definitely make again.  So if you're looking for something fun, those recipes are from my previous post.   

It's nice that I didn't have any tears last week when I realized what I would be eating for a lunch or dinner.  I didn't throw anything away in disgust.  Did I still want some cake and ice cream after my healthy meal? You can bet your sweet @ss I did, but it's impossible to have cake and ice cream when you don't have cake and ice cream in your house.  That's going to be my new bestselling diet book.  It will be called the "Throw That Unhealthy Stuff Away" diet.  You go through your house and either donate or throw away all the unhealthy things in your house.  Brownie mix? Bye.  An entire cake you ordered in a moment of weakness because you love cake? It's gotta go.  Instead, you are left with some vegetables and some proteins and maybe some fruit.  Eat it or starve.  What's that, you say? That's already a step in most diet books? Foiled again! 

The Whole30 tells you not to weigh yourself for the whole 30 days.  Right.  Like that's happening.  I still weigh myself a few times a week, and while my weight hasn't really changed, oddly enough I do feel somewhat better.  I have less general aches and pains.  I feel clearer mentally.  I feel tough when I really want to order something out for dinner and instead I cook the meal I had planned.  So, those are good accomplishments so far.

I have no amazing blog magic today, but I did want to update things after the week.  If there are things you want to ask or want me to touch on in future posts, let me know! 


No comments:

Post a Comment