Monday, December 13, 2010

I have accomplished something....finally. I have procrastinated other things...as usual.

This weekend I decided to take a trip to the Ace Hardware, purveyor of all things needed for home repair.  Seriously, if you haven't been to an Ace lately, GO THERE NOW.  They have stuff you didn't even know you could buy, including the best shower head ever invented.  I mean it...the best shower head ever!   

I also visited the Allison Moore Garage Extravaganza Blowout Sale.  The previous owners left all kinds of things in that garage:  paint, nails, tacks, screws, latches for screen doors, hinges, and so many other things. 

My first amazing find was at Ace: beaded chain and a connector so I could fix my pull-switch light in the kitchen. That's right...that little chain you see on lamps, ceiling fans, etc...  They sell it by the foot for almost nothing. 

Another Ace find: Bathroom sink drain cover.  Now there is no more threat of toothbrush falling into the pipes. 

My last Ace purchase: Handsaw that cuts circles, angles, etc...:  Everyone needs one of these. It's like the saws all without a motor. 

Garage finds:  a straight cutting hand saw for bigger jobs,
plywood that will serve as the door to my hot water heater closet. 
trim pieces that will serve as the frame for the door.
A screw-in hole for my screen door hook. 

So, for about $8, I fixed a screen door latch, the light in the kitchen, and I am all geared up to replace the door/frame for the hot water heater as soon as I stop procrastinating and get that thing up.  I have a mental block about putting in that door.  As soon as I see my first horrible rat monster living in there, I am sure I will get right on that project.  I will even be able to paint it a color similar to my house color and will decorate it with the words "There is a hot water heater in here!!!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment