Monday, October 17, 2016

It Starts with a Dust Mop

There are people at my house today.  It's super-exciting because they are cleaning.  Imagine that! A clean house!  I imagine that when I get home things will actually sparkle and that there will be a little "ding" of sparkle, just like in a commercial or movie.  (cue sparkling sound effect) They are dusting and vacuuming and mopping and cleaning the years of dog drool marks off the walls and cleaning the windows and and and and YAY!

I have been wanting a deep clean of my house for a long time now, but I've always been reluctant to have someone come to my house.  I started to do it after the dogs passed away, but I got sidetracked by watching television, reading, organizing my socks, watching cricket rodeo reruns, clipping my toenails, and just about anything else that would come along preventing me from the deep clean.

Then I adopted Taz.  How could I get someone to clean my house now? What would Taz think? Who are these strangers that want to see my home? Could I trust them in the house with my dog and my entire life?

Which leads us to today.  The couple that I hired was recommended by my dog's grandparents/my friends Sara and Barry in Green Valley. They can't say enough good things about this dynamic cleaning duo, and in addition to cleaning, they also do handy work.  Today I'll go home to a new light switch, a new light fixture in the laundry room, and no dust.

While I'm beyond excited about the clean house part, there is a part of me deep down that is a little freaked out about someone being at my house...with Taz.  It's like a little room of doubt and panic in my brain, and if you open the door, you see all kinds of crazy things going on like monkeys on bikes clubbing seals to death, and clowns doing evil clown things, and robbers dressed in black and white striped shirts riffling through my sanity.

Of course before I left the house this morning, I told my new friends all the rules a few hundred times.  "There are a few things you guys should know.  No Taz in the backyard alone, no Taz in the front yard ever without his leash, no Taz alone outside, did I mention that? Oh, and Taz doesn't get to go outside by himself, even the backyard with the fence because he can't go outside alone, and please don't burn my house down or rob me blind.  And if you do, make sure Taz is taken care of until I return to the smoldering pile of rubble that was my home.  Thanks. I appreciate it."

That about covers it, except I didn't really mention the robbing and burning the house down parts to them.  I figure if someone is on the fence about robbing you or burning your house down, then mentioning those things to them will only piss them off because I am in some way accusing them of being house-burning robbers.  "Well, that crazy hussy! She accused us of being thieving home-destroyers?  You find the valuables, I'll go fill the gas can. We'll show her!"

Let's close the door on that mental panic-room, shall we?  I know things are going to be fine.  The house is going to look great.  They are going to fix a few things, and I'll be so glad they came over. That's just one more step in the process of getting my house in order to sell!  Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment