Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Time to Sell the House

In case you haven't heard, I officially closed on the House with Character.  I was in the process of shuttling my meager belonging over there, checking on the new cat, tidying up the place, and whatnot.  Unfortunately, I am going to have to undo all of that work because I have to sell my new house. 

It seems that the former owners' son found a baby rattlesnake in the pool.  That's right folks.  A baby rattlesnake...the size of a worm, hard to detect, and full of venom.  I don't think I can ever swim in the pool, go in the yard, or close my eyes to sleep in the house. 

The true joy is that the son put the rattlesnake in a coffee can in the garage and forgot to throw it away when the final move happened.  I am hoping it is dead in the coffee can, but even so, its ghost is there to haunt me for the rest of my rattlesnake fearing days. 

1 comment: